10 February, 2008

Two Guitars & 76 Trombones

Saturday at the Warfield



Rodrigo Y Gabriela performed at the Warfield last night. I've always enjoyed their music ever since I was first introduced to it.. but seeing them live...It was a f*ing amazing show. I was completely blown away. They are absolutely phenomenal crazy intense guitar players. The concert was high energy, orgasmic, heart pounding, rock out transformative and, to say the least, completely satisfying. If I still smoked I would've lit a cigarette. It was that awesome.

Muchas gracias to Gorheim for taking me!!


Sunday at the Eureka




Isa performed the first string of shows of SF Arts Ed Players production of Meredith Wilson's "The Music Man". She played the part of Mrs. Paroo, Marian the Librarian's Irish mom. She sang, danced, and delivered her lines with a distinctly Irish brogue. What can I say, i'm her mother... of course I thought she was fantastic!! I kept thinking, that's my girl up there!! There are more shows this coming weekend. Definitely worth seeing!



In other news

The weather was so fine this weekend... Running in Crissy Field was sublime.

Raffy's getting quite good at playing the clarinet.. even though he states unequivocally that he "hates it and why do I have to keep taking the stupid lessons!" I've got the best answer ... "because you have to!"

Juju's taking violin lessons... and absolutely loves it!

We welcome to the family Edith, or Edie... a year old dark chocolate labrador retriever. She was promised to the kids several months ago. She finally arrived from Virginia this past Friday. I have to admit... i've fallen head over heels in love with her.