09 March, 2008

So far so good....

I've spent my first week:

Waking up at 615am everyday - then wondering what I should do first
Trying not to feel guilty for having "free" time
Feeling guilty for having "free" time
Taking 5 dance classes within 3 days at ODC
Remembering how dance makes me feel alive and complete
Discovering phrases for "Isagani at Candida" and "Labada Lamentations" (working title)
Trying to overcome my fear of the "empty room" (or blank page, or blank canvas)
Learning about the SFAC PIC application at the Foundation Center
Learning about the structure of a narrative documentary film at FAF
Reading about the creative habit
Discovering what my creative habit is
Realizing waking up at 615am everyday is a very good thing for my routine
Creating a routine/ritual
Trying not to freak out
Getting totally blown away by the Shen Wei Dance Arts at YBCA
Getting a massage
Taking myself to lunch after the massage (that was on the first day)
Trying to do a lot
Spending more quality time with my kids
Trying not to feel guilty when I'm not dancing or working on photos or learning about films or how to find grants for all these things
Reminding myself it's been only the first week, take it easy...