23 April, 2008

Wednesday is Sunday and the Maruchan Habit

It is a Wednesday again. Wednesdays seem to be my blogging days... or at least my "reading columns while I relax and sip my morning coffee" days.. which inspires the blogging.

Wednesdays I find most difficult to get up and run. Why get up? Why run? We ran on Friday already, and during the weekend too, before all the weekend meetings and dance rehearsals and side jobs, and on Monday before all the other meetings, chores and what not. And on Tuesday after teaching those 3 classes of 2nd graders folk dance and then making the dinner for my own kids and then the homework and the parenting and all that. I want to stay in bed! It's Wednesday for crying out loud.

Well no wonder I can't get up on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are my Sundays. It's my day of rest. No let me clarify, Wednesday mornings are my days of rest. At least until noon... or 10 am, whichever comes first.

After Wednesday morning everything picks up again.... the picking up of the kids, the dinner making, the homework help, the parenting. Not to mention the emailing and the follow up emails. Then Thursday is the teaching the 2nd graders again, followed by the dance teaching in the after school program at SOMA... then the events that need attending, and more meetings and networking and wondering if I know what I'm really doing. Anyway, the list goes on. I am incoherent. I am babbling. I am going back to my Jamaican Blue coffee. It is Wednesday morning.. it is my Sunday. Guilty pleasure? Or necessary for my mental well being? Either way. I'll run later.

I am addicted to Maruchan Ramen... specifically Maruchan Ramen Lime Chili Shrimp flavor. Ah, MSG... I stir in a raw egg to the hot steaming noodles and mix right before I pour everything into my bowl. I add slivers of scallions for color. Gorheim got me hip to this Lime Chili Shrimp thing last month while I was convalescing. It is hot, it is spicy. With the egg it becomes creamy. My lips tingle from the spices. I am hooked right away. Now I'm not a big fan of ramen... all that salt and MSG and i'm sure someday someone will say it causes cancer. But this Lime Chili Shrimp! I bought packets and packets. It is one of my favourite morning meals... or late night snacks. Not the healthiest... but hey.... I added the egg and scallions... Whatever. I am babbling again.

It is Wednesday late morning. Everyone's at work or at school. It is quiet in the house. This is my Sunday.