21 May, 2008

Well that was fun!




I have to say, despite the anxiety and the terror... I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The Fides Enriquez Dance Collective made its debut at Kularts' 10th year POMO or Post Modern American Pilipino Performance Project.

It was the first time I created dance pieces out of the air - inspired only by songs and certain key movements. I really enjoyed creating contemporary, folk phrases. I loved pushing my body to the limit, rolling and jumping, contracting and releasing.

I am eternally grateful to Abe & Lori for being the ethereal spirits of Isagani and Candida, singing their song of love and pain; to Alberto for moving with me and telling the story; to Florante for composing and arranging the music - this beautiful haunting music for I &C, and for the joyous "Labada ni Aling Perla/ Singsing" piece.

Not bad for the first time I put something like that out there. The audience response seemed very positive.

And now I can check that off my list of things to accomplish for 2008.

Up next... fundraising for the "Harana" documentary film... (we have Director Benito Bautista, of "Gift of Barong" on board)...

and the "Lalawigan" Concert...
We have Paolo, we have Sylvia, we have Charmaine, we have Chus...